Burgess, A (2009), Goat production in the Northern Cape: What are the impacts of farmer training? MBA thesis, Rhodes University, Grahamstown.
After many international sessions, meetings, conferences and debates the world is faced with the Millennium Development Goals (MDG), resolutions taken at the Millennium Summit where world leaders committed themselves to eight goals to be attained by 2015 (www.un.org/milleniumgoals/goals.html). South Africa faces five of these challenges to comply with the MDG. These are:
• The eradication of poverty and extreme income and wealth inequalities,
• The provision of access to quality and affordable basic services to all South Africans,
• The promotion of environmental sustainability,
• A sustained reduction in the unemployment rate, and
• The attainment of sustainable high growth rates.